Everyone who has been in the hospital at least once knows that it is not doctors, but nurses who spend the most time with patients. It is on their shoulders that the care and care of the sick falls.
The nurse is the doctor’s right hand. The doctor conducts an examination, diagnoses and prescribes treatment, and the nurse follows his instructions. The duties of nurses include various procedures and manipulations. They look after and care for patients, put infusions, give injections, prepare patients for surgery, give out medicines, take tests, sterilize instruments, and fill out documents – and this is not the whole list. The interested people can study nursing in North Carolina.
This profession has many specializations, here are the most basic ones.
- The ward nurse takes care of patients, reports their condition to the attending physician, performs the actions prescribed by the doctor, and monitors the cleanliness of the ward and the hygiene of patients.
- The procedural nurse works in the treatment room, blood samples and makes injections.
- The operating room nurse prepares the room and instruments for the operation, assists in the operation, and supplies the necessary materials.
- The district nurse helps to see the doctor in the clinic, brings cards, prepares the office and equipment, and performs manipulations as directed by the doctor.
- A nurse in cosmetology helps a cosmetologist, a nurse in dentistry helps a dentist, and so on.
The profession of a nurse has the following advantages:
Help people: Nurses spend a lot of time with patients, helping them get better. Understanding that thanks to your actions a person is healthy again brings moral satisfaction.
Demand: Nurses are needed in any medical institution in any locality.
Availability of education: Nursing schools are available in almost every city. There are many budget places on this route.
Useful Skills: First aid skills, an understanding of how the human body works, and the ability to give an injection or measure pressure can come in handy in an emergency.
A nurse can work in clinics, hospitals, sanatoriums, dentistry, beauty parlours, hospitals and other medical institutions. Having the appropriate documents and certificates, getting a job is quite simple. To some extent, this is due to the high turnover of staff. A nursing career is directly dependent on experience and education. Nurses have a certain hierarchy. Starting your career as a nurse, you can reach the rank of the head nurse. The head nurse has a long experience and is engaged in administrative work: she draws up a schedule, supervises nurses subordinate to her, orders and issues consumables.
In turn, the head nurse and nurses report to the head nurse of the hospital. This is an employee with higher medical education in the speciality “Nursing”. The chief nurse of the hospital checks the availability of the necessary documents from future employees, controls the work of the middle and junior medical staff, keeps records of material assets, and deals with documentation.